The Video tab in the vehicle details allows you to create a video for the vehicle using the Vehicle Description Template, Video Intro Template, Video Outro Template, Post to Youtube, and Custom Youtube Video.
This video explains the Auto-Video feature in WebManager.
*Note – For these videos to be displayed in listings on your website, you must enable the Auto Video system under Auto Video Options and also enable the Video element in your Vehicle Details Template.
- Select a template to be used for the Description section of the video for this vehicle.
- If you do not select a template, the default Description Template will be used.
- Video Tagline – Enter tagline text to be spoken in the Description Audio for this vehicle (if the Video Tagline element is enabled).
- Video Description – Enter description text to be spoken in the Description Audio for this vehicle (if the Video Description element is enabled).
- *Note – The quality of spoken text in the audio generated for your videos depends on the system being able to understand the text.
- For best results, when entering any text to be spoken in your videos, you should always use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Avoid using any abbreviations, acronyms, or other shorthand.
- Description Audio – Description Audio for this vehicle is only generated automatically when the vehicle is activated from Staging to Live inventory if Generate Vehicle Description Audio automatically when vehicles are activated to Live inventory is checked under Auto Video Options.
- If you select a different Template, change the Video Tagline or Video Description, or make any changes to vehicle details that could affect other elements in the template, you should click Generate Audio to generate updated Description Audio that reflects your changes.
- Select a template to be used for the Intro section of the video for this vehicle.
- If you do not select a template, the default Intro Template will be used.
- Select a template to be used for the Outro section of the video for this vehicle.
- If you do not select a template, the default Outro Template will be used.
- If you have authorized your YouTube account, you can post Auto Videos to YouTube.
- First make sure that your Auto Video is generated to your liking.
- (e.g. The audio description is generated and you have all the pictures you would like included uploaded to WebManager. We recommend watching the video once on your website to verify it’s validity).
- Next click Post Video.
- This will queue your video to be posted to YouTube and provide you with an approximate time when your video will be uploaded.
- After the video is uploaded, you can return to this page for a link to YouTube page for your video.
- Videos can only be posted or updated once per day.
- If later you decide add pictures and want to update your video on YouTube, return to this page and click Update Video and the WebManager will queue the updated video to be posted to YouTube.
- The text description to YouTube gets uploaded from your default description.
- WebManager appends the vehicle details link to the front of the description and main website address to the end.
- If you have uploaded a video for this vehicle to YouTube, you can also display the YouTube video in your listings by entering the URL for the video here.
- *Note – This functionality is for existing YouTube videos created outside of WebManager. It is separate from the videos the WebManager can post to YouTube.