Setting up DeskManager on Android
DeskManager can only work on Android if it is being used on the cloud. Setting up DeskManager to work on Android requires extra steps, however, once setup, DeskManager will work the same as on a PC, with some limitations.
- The first step is to go to the Google Play Store and search for the Microsoft Remote Desktop app and click Install.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app and tap the + in the top right.
- From the list, choose Desktop, then tap Add Manually.
- A screen will pop-up to enter the remote connection information.
- Enter the PC Name, Username, and Password that were provided at migration. All other fields (such as Port number, Gateway, etc.) can be left blank.
- Tap Save in the top right, then tap the new connection in the list to connect to the cloud. A new Desktop will appear in a new window with a DeskManager icon. Double-click the icon to launch DeskManager.
- Once the initial setup has been completed, to launch DeskManager open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, tap the connection, then double-click the DeskManager icon.