- Please note that your AutoManager ePay balance must have funds to purchase these reports.
- The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) is the federal government’s official database of thorough title, branding, salvage/loss and insurance histories.
- Not only is it one of the most affordable vehicle history reports available, but its records are highly accurate and generally updated more frequently than privately collected vehicle history reports.
- As consumer protection laws expand into the used car marketplace, many states are considering adding NMVTIS checks to the list of mandatory procedures dealers must perform before selling a vehicle.
- As of July 1, 2012, California dealers must run NMVTIS reports on all used vehicles before displaying them for sale.
- If a report finds that a vehicle “is or has been a junk automobile or a salvage automobile or the vehicle has been reported as a junk automobile or a salvage automobile by a junk yard, salvage yard, or insurance carrier…or the certificate of title contains a brand,” a red NMVTIS warning label must be affixed to the vehicle near the buyer’s guide.
- For more information about NMVTIS:
www.nmvtis.gov – National Motor Vehicle Title Information System Website