To access the DeskManager to WebManager upload settings click File > Setup > WebManager.
Web Visible – Check this box if you want your vehicles to be displayed on WebManager Lite. If you are working with WebManager Standard or WebManager Pro, checking this box will allow your cars to be visible on your web site when still in the staging area.
Allow DM Inventory to be uploaded to WM – If you uncheck this box, you will not be able to upload your inventory to WebManager.
Upload vehicles automatically when updated – If you check the box above and check this box, it will upload (and update) your vehicles if you make any changes to it.
Ask before uploading – Checking this box will give you a prompt before DM will upload the vehicle(s).
Allow manual upload of Inventory – Checking this box will allow you to upload the DM Inventory from the options menu.
If Inventory Record exists in WebManager – Use the drop down to choose the option:
- Overwrite the WM Record – Choose this option if you want the program to automatically overwrite the record in WM with the record in DM.
- Don’t Overwrite the WM Record – Choose this option if you don’t want the program to automatically overwrite the record.
- Ask before overwrite – Choose this option if you want the program to ask you.
After the upload of Inventory Record – This option handles what happens with VIN decoding.
- Rely on WM VIN Decoding to automatically overwrite DM transferred data – This option will use the WM VIN Decoder to overwrite any discrepancies. For example, DM may say it’s a Toyota Corolla CE, but WM will go further and say it’s a Toyota Corolla CE Sport. If you choose this option, the record will be written as a Toyota Corolla CE Sport.
- Preserve DM Data without VIN Decoder – This option will use the DM Data regardless of what the WM VIN Decoder says.
- Preserve DM Data unless WM VIN Decoder was used – This option will use the DM Data unless the original record in WM used the WM VIN Decoder to decode the car.
– This option controls what happens when you delete the vehicle in When vehicle is deleted from DeskManager.
- Delete it from WebManager Inventory – This will delete the vehicle from WebManager and DeskManager.
- Don’t delete it from WebManager Inventory – This will keep the vehicle in WebManager.
- Ask before deleting from WebManager Inventory – This will prompt you whether you want to delete the vehicle in WebManager.