This article covers credit checks run through Equifax directly. These directions will not be relevant if you are using a third party company to pull credit (ex. Credco, CBC, etc.).
Before any setup can be performed in DeskManager, you will need to contact Equifax at 800-685-5000 to obtain the following information:
System-to-System Customer code
Equifax Customer (Member) Number
- Enter the Site ID, Password, System-To-System Customer Code, Equifax Customer (Member) Number and Security Code.
- You will need to subscribe to Equifax to include any features, options and/or models from the list provided.
- After you subscribe to any of the provided options, select the checkbox for “Subscribed“.
- The “Default” checkboxes can also be selected if you require a typical user to run credit with these default options (a subset of the Subscribed).
A quick reference on the listed features/options:
- Online Directory – Contains telephone numbers and upon request addresses of all collection inquiries and trade segment companies shown on the report.
- Safescan – An interactive, on-line warning system containing information that has been or could be used to perpetrate application fraud.
- *Note – This option can only be turned on/off by Equifax.
Here is a quick reference on what the listed models mean:
- Beacon 5.0 – Developed by Equifax and Fair Isaac, this is a risk assessment model that forecasts the future risk of a consumer’s accounts going severely delinquent within 24 months. It analyzes the information contained within the credit report and assigns a score based upon risk level. Equifax calls their Fico credit score a Beacon score.
- Beacon 5.0 Auto – It is a Beacon scoring model specially developed for the Auto Industry.
- VantageScore – The first tri-bureau consumer credit risk model of its kind and is defining a new standard in consumer credit risk scoring. It estimates the likelihood of a consumer becoming 90+ days past due including internal collections, charge off, repossession, foreclosure and bankruptcy) within 24 months of scoring, then returns a three-digit score.
- CARcredit 99 – The Equifax’s second generation risk prediction tool for the Automobile financing and leasing industries. It predicts the probability of delinquency (60+ days past due) within a 24 month period.
- CARcredit 99 Adjusted Output – An additional output option is being offered with Equifax Risk Score CARcredit 99. It predicts the probability of delinquency (60+ days past due) within a 24-month period.
- For detailed information about the above features and models, ask the Equifax Representative.